I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 21, 2008

Sesame Chili and Parsley Crusted Lamb Fillet

This is another really quick recipe to make with the end resulting in a lovely tender lamb fillet. I cooked this in a frying pan but this could also be cooked on the BBQ. I do not like my lamb overcooked and like it pink in the centre. I cook mine about 5-8 Min's a side depending on the thickness. I then cover it and let it stand for a further 5 Min's, this additional standing time cooks the lamb just the way I like, but cook as you prefer.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.


Ingredients


4 Lamb fillets (about 200g each)
3/4 Cup sesame seeds
1 Teaspoon dried chili flakes
3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped finely
3 Tablespoons olive oil


Method


1. Combine sesame seeds, chili flakes and parsley in a bowl.

2. Combine lamb fillets in a large bowl with the oil.

3. Place lamb one at a time in sesame seed mixture and coat each fillet all over.

4. Cook either on a lightly oiled grill plate, fry pan, or on the BBQ until browned on both sides and cooked as desired. Cover and stand 5 Min's then slice thickly.

I served mine over fruity saffron rice, but it also goes well with a crisp green salad topped with tomatoes and bocconcini.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: