I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 15, 2008

Miso Salmon

I found this during my recipe swap it was from another zaar member who was not in my group, so I tagged it try and it was excellent. I made a couple of changes, I did the ingredients the recipe stated, then when the fish was just about cooked I removed and topped with the panko flakes. I then placed under the grill for a couple of minutes to crisp them even better, and to give a more golden brown colour than just from the pan. I poured sauce on the plate and then topped it with the salmon. So I could enjoy the crispness of the flakes as well as the taste of the fabulous sauce. If you want to read more reviews or see more more photos of this recipe click here.

If you have seen my recent post on my cheese and cutting boards you will know I am about to go live with my official website shortly. So I am going to be posting pictures of some of the range of boards I currently have in stock, just to give you an idea on the beauty of them until I can post my web address. If you want more information on them go to Chopping and Cheese board



Ingredients

16 Ounces salmon fillet (1-inch thick)
1/4 Cup miso
1/4 Cup rice vinegar
1/4 Cup sake
2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
1/2 Cup panko

Method

1. In shallow dish, combine miso, rice vinegar, sake, light brown sugar, sugar, soy sauce and ginger to create marinade. Place salmon skin up into dish and marinade for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.

2. Preheat oven to 400°F.

3. Remove salmon and shake off excess marinade. Place fish meat up on baking dish or roasting pan lined with aluminum foil and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Toast bread crumbs in non-stick pan for about 2 minutes till golden brown and then sprinkle on top of salmon about 2 minutes before fish is done. In small saucepan, warm the leftover marinade into a condensed sauce and drizzle on or around your salmon.

I served mine with Japanese style spinach.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: