I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 20, 2008

Salt and Sichuan Pepper Tuna with Wasabi Mayonnaise

This is a wonderful recipe that is so quick and easy to prepare and is great either on the grill, if it is BBQ weather or just done in the frying pan as I cooked it the other night. Depending on how you like your tuna cooked it is on the table in about 15-20 Min's. I like my tuna pink in the middle as tuna should be undercooked, otherwise it gets quite tough.



If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.



Ingredients


2 Teaspoons sea salt
2 Teaspoons Sichuan (szechuan) pepper
60-80ml olive oil (depending on the size of your steaks Mine were huge)
4 Tuna steaks
1/2 Cup mayonnaise
2 Teaspoons wasabi powder (mixed with a small amount of water to form a paste)
1 Tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 Teaspoon lemon juice

Method

1. Using mortar and pestle or pepper grinder, grind salt and pepper until fine.

2. Combine pepper mixture with oil and fish in a large bowl cover stand 5 Min's.

3. Meanwhile combine mayonnaise, wasabi, coriander and juice in a bowl.

4. Heat a large frying pan, add fish, cook about 2-3 Min's aside, for pink centre, or until cooked as desired, or BBQ steaks.

Serve tuna with wasabi mayonnaise. I served mine atop Japanese style vegetables.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: