I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 20, 2008

Chicken with Garlic Cream

This is another zaar recipe I tried during my May recipe swap. This was very tasty and super quick and easy to prepare which I think we all love. I did add about a 1/4 cup of dry white wine and some more garlic cloves just my personal preference. I also found the sauce to be a little thin so I thickened it up with a little cornflour at the end. I found it to be a very flavoursome sauce for such few ingredients and sometimes I think simple actually works better than over complicating a recipe. If you would like to read more reviews or see more photos of this recipe click here.

f you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.







Ingredients

4 Chicken fillet, pounded
2 Garlic clove, crushed
1 Tablespoon grainy mustard
300 ml Thickened cream
1 Cup chicken stock
2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped


Method

1. Cook fillets until brown, place in an ovenproof dish covered with foil and transfer to the oven to keep warm.

2. In the same pan the chicken was cooked in, add garlic and stir over heat until fragrant

3. Stir in the mustard, cream and stock

4. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for approx 10 minutes until sauce reduces and thickens.

5. Stir in chopped parsley.

Serve fillets topped with garlic cream sauce and your choice of vegetables.

I served mine with spinach and rice and zucchini patties.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: