I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 3, 2008

Honey and Five Spiced Lamb Stir-Fry with Vegetables

I just make this with vegetables as my hubby and I are trying not to eat to many carbs in the evening, at the moment, so I have limited starchy carbs to only 1-2 days a week. I do usually make this with noodles thrown in, so feel free to add them if you want, if you do, I would lower amounts of meat and vegetables or it will be too much for 4.

If you have seen my recent post on my cheese and cutting boards you will know I am about to go live with my official website shortly. So I am going to be posting pictures of some of the range of boards I currently have in stock, just to give you an idea on the beauty of them until I can post my web address. Today I decided to post a picture of some cutting board implements I am also stocking. This is a bread saw, it is a super sharp bread knife with a camphor laurel wooden handle, they come in left and right handed versions. If you want more information on them go to Chopping and Cheese board

Ingredients

1 Teaspoon five spice powder
60ml Oyster Sauce
3 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
3 Cloves garlic, sliced thinly
800g Lamb fillets, sliced thinly
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 Red chilies, sliced thinly
1 Teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 Medium red onion, sliced thinly
8 Large(about250g) broccoli florets, chopped
100g Snow Peas, trimmed
200g Bean sprouts
1/4 Cup coriander, finely chopped

Method


1. Combine five-spice, sauce, honey, vinegar and garlic in a bowl.

2. Combine lamb with 1-11/2 tablespoons of the five-spice mixture in a bowl.

3. Heat oil in a wok; stir-fry lamb in batches, until browned. Remove and set to one side.

4. Add onion, ginger and chili and stir-fry until onion softens, return lamb with remaining five-spice mixture.

5. Add broccoli stir-fry 3 Min's, add snow peas and sprouts and stir-fry until veg are just tender. Stir in coriander.

Note: Cooking time will be longer if not using a wok.

Serves 4

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: