I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 4, 2008

Chicken Breasts with Apple Curry Sauce

This is my second recipe, I made and reviewed for the recipe swap, I am participating in on Recipezaar, it was very good and definitely a different way to do curry. I mixed it up between hot and mild curry powders and I also added a red chili, sliced thinly to give it a bit more of a kick. I served mine with Kumara and cumin seeds. If you want to see the recipe for my kumara click here.

If you want to read more reviews of this recipe or see more photos please click here.

If you have seen my recent post on my cheese and cutting boards you will know I am about to go live with my official website shortly. So I am going to be posting pictures of some of the range of boards I currently have in stock, just to give you an idea on the beauty of them until I can post my web address. If you want more information on them go to Chopping and Cheese board



Ingredients


1/4 Cup clarified butter
6 Boneless skinless chicken breast, Sliced into thin strips

Sauce

4 Tablespoons butter
1 1/2 Cups finely chopped onion
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 Cups peeled cored and finely chopped tart apple
3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 Tablespoons curry powder
1/2 Teaspoon cardamom
1 Teaspoon coriander
3/4 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon pepper
3 Cups chicken stock
2 Teaspoons grated lime rind
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1/2 Cup mango chutney, finely chopped

Method



1. Heat the clarified butter in a large pan and sauté chicken in batches until browned.

2. Remove and set to one side.

3. To make the sauce, melt the butter in the sauté pan. (I didn't use the extra butter.)

4. Add the onion and sauté over low heat till transparent.

5. Add the garlic and apples and sauté for 2 minutes.

6. Add the flour, curry powder, cardamom, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.

7. Add the chicken stock, lime rind, lime juice and chutney.

8. Bring sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.

9. Return chicken to the pan, cook, until heated through.

10. It's great served over rice.

I served mine alongside baked kumara slices.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: