I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 8, 2008

Artichoke Chicken Saute

This is another review for the recipe swap and another winner, wonderful aroma while cooking and just fabulous on the taste. The chef I made this from made a couple of additions to the dish which I decided to follow and they were bang on so I will list them below. If you want to view the original recipe or see other recipes by this chef click here.

If you have seen my recent post on my cheese and cutting boards you will know I am about to go live with my official website shortly. So I am going to be posting pictures of some of the range of boards I currently have in stock, just to give you an idea on the beauty of them until I can post my web address. If you want more information on them go to Chopping and Cheese board



Ingredients

1 Small onion, thinly sliced
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
1 Medium sweet red pepper, julienned
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Cups cubed cooked chicken
1 (12 ounce) Jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
1/2 Cup fresh mushroom, sliced
1/2 Cup white wine or chicken broth
1 1/2 Teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 Teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 Cup heavy whipping cream, divided
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
hot cooked rice or noodles



Method

1. In a large skillet, saute onion, garlic, onion powder and red pepper in butter for 2-3 minutes.

2. Add the chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, wine or broth, Italian seasoning, bouillon, salt and pepper.

3. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.

4. Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup cream until smooth; stir into skillet.

5. Add remaining cream and Parmesan cheese.

6. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until cheese has melted and sauce has thickened.

7. Serve over rice or noodles.

Yield: 4 servings.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: