I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 7, 2008

Chicken Amager

This is another recipe I made for the recipe swap I am doing at the moment. It was very good and tasted great. I did cook it on the stove top though, the cooking times listed sounded way to long to me. I cooked the chicken for about 20 Min's in a large pan in the sauce, with lid on, added the prawns and cooked for a further 8 Min's, lastly added asparagus and cooked a further 4 Min's. I found this to be perfect and the asparagus still had a crunch to it which I like. I still browned the chicken first as the recipe stated, made the sauce part then returned chicken to pan. If you want to see other recipes by this chef please click here.


If you have seen my recent post on my cheese and cutting boards you will know I am about to go live with my official website shortly. So I am going to be posting pictures of some of the range of boards I currently have in stock, just to give you an idea on the beauty of them until I can post my web address. If you want more information on them go to Chopping and Cheese board




Ingredients



2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
4 Boneless chicken breast
1 Large onion (chopped)
1 Garlic clove (crushed)
1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
1/4 Teaspoon cayenne
1/2 Teaspoon paprika
1 Teaspoon fresh dill (or 1/2 t dried dill weed)
2 Cups chicken stock
Salt, white pepper
2 Tablespoons Madeira wine
1 Large bay leaf
8 Ounces shrimp (peeled & deveined)
8 Ounces asparagus (blanched, or 11 oz canned asparagus spears, drained)
1/4 Cup cream


Method


1. Brown chicken in oil and butter and remove pieces to a baking dish.

2. Add onion to skillet. When transparent add garlic and cook 1 minute.

3. Add next 4 ingredients and stir 1-2 minutes. Add stock gradually to keep smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.

4. Add paprika and bay leaf and pour over chicken.

5. Cover and cook in preheated 375ºF oven 40 minutes.

6. Add shrimp and asparagus and cook covered, for an additional 20 minutes.

7. Remove bay leaf. Stir in cream and adjust seasoning before serving.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: