I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 1, 2008

Chicken Breast in Parmesan

This is recipezaar members recipe and it was so good, you will see a few posts for zaar member recipes this month as I am in another recipe swap. They are good fun and gives me the chance to try other peoples recipes as well as them try mine. I served mine over wild rice but this would also be great over pasta. If you would like to read all the reviews or see more photos of this one please click here

If you have seen my recent post on my cheese and cutting boards you will know I am about to go live with my official website shortly. So I am going to be posting pictures of some of the range of boards I currently have in stock, just to give you an idea on the beauty of them until I can post my web address. If you want more information on them go to Chopping and Cheese boards under my categories.

Ingredients


2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
4 Boneless skinless chicken breast half
1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, minced or 1teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 Cup dry vermouth
2 Garlic clove, minced
1 Cup heavy cream
1 Teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
4 1/2 Ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper

Method

1. In skillet, heat butter over medium heat.

2. When butter foams, add chicken and oregano.(Do not overcrowd).

3. Sauté in batches for 3-5 minutes until chicken is lightly browned but not cooked all the way through.

4. Remove chicken to a warm platter and tent with foil to keep warm.

5. Add the vermouth to the skillet. Over high heat, deglaze the pan, stirring well, scraping up the drippings.

6. Add the garlic and boil over moderately high heat until the liquid is reduced by half.

7. Add the cream, reduce the heat and simmer until cream has thickened slightly to a sauce-like consistency.

8. Add the nutmeg, cheese, parsley and lemon juice. Stir until the cheese is melted.

9.Return chicken to sauce to finish cooking and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.

10. Sprinkle with parsley.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: