I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 7, 2008

Honey Mustard Beef/Chicken with Macadamia Rice

I Usually make this with beef, but I have not had a chance to get to the grocery store in France that I get a good price on beef fillet. My local grocery store here in Switzerland, has put the price of beef fillet up again, so this time it was just too expensive to serve with beef although it is very good. This was my first time trying this with chicken and it went really well and I will make it this way again to save money. It is very easy to make and takes no time at all; on the table in about 30-35 Min's.

If you have seen my recent post on my cheese and cutting boards you will know I am about to go live with my official website shortly. So I am going to be posting pictures of some of the range of boards I currently have in stock, just to give you an idea on the beauty of them until I can post my web address. If you want more information on them go to Chopping and Cheese board


Ingredients


4 Chicken Breasts or 800g piece beef fillet
1/3 Cup honeycup mustard (It is the best but if you can not get this 1 tablespoon Dijon to 2 Tablespoons honey will give you something similar.)
1/4 Cup cream

Macadamia Rice

30g Butter
1 Onion. finely chopped
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
2 Teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
1 Cup Basmati rice
1 Cup chicken stock
1 Cup water
2 Tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1/2 Cup coarsely chopped roasted macadamias
3/4 Cup peas

Method


If Making with Beef

1. Preheat oven to 200c

2. Place beef in roasting pan, brush all over with about half the mustard.

3. Roast about 30-35 Min's or until cooked as desired, allow to rest before carving.

With Chicken

1. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan brush both sides of breasts with about half the mustard.

2. Cook until browned on both sides and cooked through.

Macadamia Rice

1. Melt butter in a saucepan, cook onion, garlic and seeds, stirring, until onion softens.

2. Add rice, cook, stirring 1 Minute.

3. Add stock and water, bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer covered, about 25 Min's or until rice is just tender, stir occasionally to prevent sticking.

4. Add peas cook until soft and warm, remove from heat and stir in nuts and parsley.

Sauce

1. Heat remaining mustard with cream in a saucepan.

To Serve: Place rice on plate and top with chicken, drizzle with sauce.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: