I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 29, 2008

Mustard Stuffed Chicken

This is the post, for the second Zaar members recipe I made last night, I served this with Roasted Parmesan Asparagus which was perfect. This was so yummy with the cheesy mustard filling I did not make with the cheese stated instead I used two types of Gruyere, a stronger and a milder one, as this is what I had on hand and I thought it had a wonderful flavour. I also made a lemon mustard sauce to accompany, whilst this was a nice touch the chicken was perfectly moist and tasty as is. To see more photos and reviews of this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.




Ingredients

(I used 2 types of Gruyere 1 string 1 milder instead of mozzarella and cheddar.)
125g Ball mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
50g Strong cheddar cheese, grated
1 Tablespoon coarse grain mustard
4 Boneless skinless chicken breast
8 Slices smoked streaky bacon, rashers

Method

1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.

2. Mix the cheeses and mustard together.

3. Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast, then stuff with the mustard mixture.

4. Wrap each stuffed chicken breast with 2 bacon rashers - not too tightly, but enough to hold the chicken together. Season, place on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.

5. Tip:If you want to use less bacon, stretch out four rashers using the back of a knife to make each one longer and thinner. Wrap just one around each chicken breast as before.

I served mine over celeriac mash with roasted Parmesan asparagus on the side.

All Photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: