I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 2, 2008

Chciken with Fettuccine


This was the first recipe I made and reviewed for this months recipe swap on Zaar, it was very good, the sauce is excellent. It is easy to make, not at all time consuming with wonderful end results. I did serve mine over garlic and spinach tagliatelle which paired really well. If you want to see the original recipe or other recipes by this chef please click here.

If you have seen my recent post on my cheese and cutting boards you will know I am about to go live with my official website shortly. So I am going to be posting pictures of some of the range of boards I currently have in stock, just to give you an idea on the beauty of them until I can post my web address. If you want more information on them go to Chopping and Cheese boards


Ingredients


6 Boneless skinless chicken breast half
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Medium onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 Cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
4 Garlic clove, minced
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
3/4 Cup chicken broth
1/2 Cup whipping cream
2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
2 Large tomato, diced
1lb Fettuccine


Method

Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness.

2. In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter and oil; remove and set aside.

3. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender.

4. Add basil, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.

5. Stir in broth, cream, parsley and tomatoes. Return chicken to pan.

6. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.

7. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.

8. Arrange chicken over fettuccine; top with sauce.

Serves 6

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: