I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

May 29, 2008

Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan

I made two Zaar member recipes last night one as a main and one as a side dish both were very good and paired well together, I will post as two separate posts. The first one was the side dish I made to go with a stuffed mustard cheesy chicken. I love asparagus and this is a super simple, quick recipe that tastes good and still leaves the asparagus with that nice crunch which I like. If you would like to read more reviews of this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.


Ingredients

1 1/2lbs Asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
Coarse salt
Ground pepper
1/4 Cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated

Method

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

2. Trim and/or peel tough ends from asparagus.

3. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus with olive oil.

4. Season with salt and pepper.

5. Arrange asparagus in an even layer on the baking sheet.

6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

7. Roast in the oven until asparagus is tender and cheese has melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.

8. Serve immediately.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

Questions about this recipe?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow looks delicious. Do you think you could also use this with white asparagus?