I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Aug 17, 2008

Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pesto Couscous Salad

This is such a quick recipe to make and has a wonderful flavour, it is the perfect after work meal as you can have it on the table in about 25-30 Min's. I love couscous and this is another way of preparing it with the sun-dried tomato pesto along with the chopped sun-dried tomatoes, adding such wonderful tastes. I top it with chicken which I also rub with sun-dried tomato pesto and I think it is a wonderful combination.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

Olive oil
2 Chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
2 x 100g Sachets quick cooking couscous (this makes enough for 4 but I make this amount as I like to take the couscous to work the next day for lunch.)
700ml water
1 Teaspoon chicken stock granules
2 Teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
4 Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped finely
2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto (Extra)
60g Rocket

Method

1. Bring the water and stock to the boil, add sachets cook according to packet instructions. (Mine is 2 minutes) Cut sachets open and pour couscous into a large bowl, fluff with fork.

2. Add juice, rind, pesto and chopped sun-dried tomatoes, stir gently to combine.

3. Add a little oil to a fry pan, rub 1 tablespoon of pesto over each breast, cook chicken on both sides until browned and cooked through.

4. Toss rocket gently into couscous.

To Serve: place couscous on a plate top with sliced pesto chicken.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: