I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Aug 2, 2008

Cheese Topped Fish

I saved this one a while ago to try from recipezaar member and never got round to making it. I almost did a couple of times and then I would read the ingredients and was not sure if I would like it, what a mistake that was I wish I had made this sooner. It is really quick and easy to make and tastes wonderful the whole family loved it. It is a totally different way to prepare fish with a curry flavour and just works so well. I used cod as I got to our grocery store just before closing and they were sold out of sea bream, but I do not think that mattered at all as it was still so yummy. I also did not read the instructions fully and I put the curry mayo mix and breadcrumbs on the fish and cooked from the git go like that. I cooked it for 15 Minutes in the oven and then just turned on the grill for 3-4 Minutes to really crisp and brown the top, I had quite thick fillets and this was perfect amount of time for them. If you would like to see this or other recipes by this chef please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

6 Sea bream fillets (I did 2 large cod fillets that served 3)
salt
1 Cup mayonnaise (I cut down on this slightly as I was only making for 3)
2 teaspoons Madras curry powder (still used the 2 teaspoons)
1/2 cup matured cheese, grated (still made with exact amounts of cheese and breadcrumbs as I found I needed that.)
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb

Method


1. Remove skin from fillets and arrange in a greased oven-proof dish, sprinkle with salt & spread with combined mayonnaise & curry powder.

2. Cover with foil & bake at 180.C for 25-30 mins or until tender.

3. Mix together cheese & crumbs, sprinkle over fillets, return to oven until lightly browned.

As I said above I put the mayo mix, topped it with the breadcrumb mix and baked uncovered in the oven like that from the git go. I baked for 15 Min's then turned on the grill for 3-4 minutes to finish them off and give them not only a nice golden colour but to really crisp the top up. This was only becuase I had not really read the instructions and this worked out fine.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: