I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Aug 9, 2008

Chicken with Mushrooms

This is a simple quick meal to prepare a great one if your late in from work or you don't want to fuss and you end up with a great tasting meal in the end. I served this along with other Asian dishes we also had vegetable fried rice and ribs. If making as is it would well with just planes steamed rice or what I think is nicer is egg fried rice, but take your pick. I usually top with sliced green onions but I had used them all and hadn't realised so I have listed it in the ingredients below anyway.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

2 Tablespoon peanut oil
4 Chicken breast, cut into strips
3 Shallots, halved and sliced thinly
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
150g Mushrooms quartered
3 Tablespoons oyster sauce
2 Teaspoons soy sauce
1 Teaspoon sesame oil
50ml Water
2 Teaspoons sugar
2 Green onions, sliced thinly

Method

1. Heat peanut oil in a wok, add chicken and cook until chicken is brown, remove and set to one side.

2. Add sesame oil to pan, add shallots, mushrooms and garlic stir-fry for a couple of minutes.

3. Return chicken to pan along with sauces, water and sugar, stir-fry until mushrooms are soft and everything is heated through.

It is nice served over egg fried rice.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: