I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Aug 19, 2008

Sticky Chicken

I found this one by chance the other night, it is a recipezaar members and it was a choice I had in the swap this month, it was so yummy and easy to dmake. I cooked the chicken solely in a pan, the reason for the finishing off in the oven is because of the honey in the marinade it will burn the outside as it caramelizes. To prevent this I browned chicken then turned the heat way down and cooked covered, it came out tender and juicy and full of flavour. I also boiled the left over marinade and thickened with cornflour and served as a suace on the side it was delicous and I am so glad a made this one. I made just 2 changes to the ingredient amounts to give me the extra needed to make a sauce and I will list these below. If you want to see the original version of this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

4 Skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce (I added 1 extra tablespoon)
2 tablespoons honey (I used 1 Tablespoon extra)
2 Garlic cloves, crushed (I added 3 cloves)
1 Teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
Olive oil flavored cooking spray (I used peanut oil in the pan, see note above.)

Method

1. Preheat oven to 200°C. (I didn't do it this way see note above.)

2. Place the chicken in a ceramic dish in a single layer.

3. In a seperate bowl, combine sauces, honey, garlic and 5 spice powder.

4. Pour over the chicken, turning to coat.

5. Cover and refrigerate for at 30-60 minutes.

6. Heat a frying pan over a high heat, and spray with olive oil. Cook the chicken in batches until golden.

7. Transfer to a baking tray, lined with baking paper, and brush with marinade.

8. Bake for 6-8 minutes until just cooked through.

9. Cover on a plate with foil and stand for 2 minutes.

10. Slice about an inch thick, and serve.

To Serve: I served mine over stir-fried veg and found it to be wonderful.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: