I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Oct 18, 2008

Tipsy Chicken

This is a very quick and easy recipe to make with a wonderful end result, there is nothing better than a simple recipe that takes no time st all to make. I served mine over stir-fried vegetables, it would also be nice over noodles and rice. I also doubled the sauce as we love sauce and I also added chili flakes to the sauce at the end to give it a bit of a kick and it was excellent. If you want view other photos or read other reviews of this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
1 Clove garlic, crushed (I added 3)
1/4 Cup dry sherry
1/4 Cup liquid honey
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4-1/2 Teaspoon salt, to taste (I omitted this)
3 green onions, cut into strips
2 carrots, julienned (I usually use 3)

Note: I doubled the sauce and also added about a teaspoon of chili flakes at the end. I also cut the green onions into thin slices and used them to sprinkle over the top as a garnish at the end rather than cooking them in the sauce.

Method

1. In pan over medium heat saute chicken in butter or oil.

2. Add minced garlic stir in carefully, saute lightly.

3. Stir in sherry, honey, lemon juice and salt.

4. Simmer covered about 20 minutes or until tender and no pink showing.

5. Add vegetables, cook to tender crisp or as you prefer.

6. Place chicken on platter, arrange vegetables around chicken, spoon sauce over chicken.

7. If you wish a thicker sauce boil sauce a few extra minutes.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: