I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Oct 7, 2008

Cheese Filled Jumbo Shells

Here is the recipe for the cheese filled shells I made to go with the kangaroo bolognese sauce I made the other night. The original recipe just called for a regular tomato sauce which is listed below but the bolognese sauce sounded good so I thought I would make it with that instead. I can not buy Monterey Jack cheese here in Switzerland so I made it with Gruyere instead other than that i made everything else the same and it was very good. If you want to view the original please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

1 (12 ounce) Box jumbo pasta shells
4 Cups ricotta cheese
2 Cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
3/4 Cup parmesan cheese
3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon dried parsley
3/4 Teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 Teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 Teaspoon salt
4 Cups spaghetti sauce, divided
Parmesan cheese, for topping

Method

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cooks shells according to package directions.

3. Drain well. Rinse in cold water. Cool in a single layer on wax paper or greased aluminum foil to prevent sticking together.

4. Mix together cheeses, eggs, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.

5. Fill each shell with about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture.

6. Spread thin layer of sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 pan.

7. Place the shells open side down, in a single layer in pan.

8. Cover with about 2 cups of sauce.

9. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese.

10. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

11. Heat remaining sauce to serve with shells for those who like more sauce.

I served mine with salad greens and garlic bread.

No comments: