I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Oct 25, 2008

Apricot Chicken

I have several apricot chicken recipes saved that I love, I came across this one the other day, it is not mine but the ingredients sounded good so I thought I would give it a go. It was a super simple easy recipe to make and the end result was very nice indeed, I did boil the left over marinade and served it over the top as extra sauce it was very yummy. If you want to see more photos or read more reviews on this one please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted, Eco friendly, camphor laurel chopping, cheese, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1/8 teaspoon oregano
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

I also added some rice wine vinegar and just added a little more of the preserves to compensate as I love the flavour this gives.

Method

1. In a flat glass or china dish or a mixing bowl, combine fruit spread, soy sauce, lemon juice, onion, parsley, and oregano; set aside 1/4 cup of mixture for basting sauce.

2. Add chicken breasts to remaining mixture and turn several times, coating well.

3. Refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight; turn pieces several times during refrigeration.

4. Remove from marinade and place in a single layer in a baking pan.

5. Bake, uncovered, in a 375°F oven 30-45 min's or until chicken is tender and lightly browned. (cooking time will vary for chicken wieght.)

6. Brush with reserved sauce several times during cooking.

7. Brush remaining reserved sauce on chicken just before serving.

I actually boiled reserved marinade and served it as a sauce to pour over the top.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: