I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Oct 2, 2008

Spicy Coconut Mussels

This has got to be one of the most quick and easy recipes for mussels with such outstanding flavour. I changed it slightly and have listed changes below, this was just due to personal preference and the fact I wanted it to be more like a soup with lots of juice. I loved it and the quickness of this recipe is a great bonus. I also loved the fact that there are few ingredients which makes for a no fuss meal. If you want to read other reviews click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

1/2 can coconut milk (I used 500ml Carton)
1/4 cup peeled sliced ginger (I added 2 teaspoons grated)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons curry powder (I added 3 Tablespoons thai red curry paste.)
1 can chicken broth
2 lbs mussels
1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonaded (I used coriander I felt it worked better with this.)

Method

1. Combine the first seven ingredients in a skillet, bring to a boil.

2. Add mussels, cover, and cook 5 minutes until shells open.

3. discard any unopened mussels garnish with basil.

Serves 2

Soak up sauce with crusty bread

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: