I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Oct 25, 2008

The Best Asian Salmon Cakes

These are the best salmon cakes I have ever made, I found this recipe on zaar and loved the sound of all the ingredients and boy did they taste great. I made wasabi mayonnaise to go with these in case they were a little dry, it was so not needed, they were super moist with outstanding flavour and were gorgeous with or without the mayo. If you want to see more reviews on this recipe please click here. I have lots of my own recipes for cod cakes, crab cakes etc.. and I will definitely be adding this to my favourites.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted, Eco friendly, camphor laurel chopping, cheese, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients
1 lb poached salmon, chilled and flaked
2 cups panko
1/3 cup scallion, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, minced
4 eggs (I only used 3 eggs)
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons minced ginger
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (I used 2 red chilies instead)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup panko, extra
1/4 cup sesame seed (I did a mix of black and regular)
oil (for frying)

Method

1. Mix the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.

2. Whisk together the next 8 ingredients and add to the salmon mixture.

3. Add sesame seeds to 1 cup panko.

4. Form into cakes, place on baking sheet and chill for 1 hour, remove from fridge, coat with extra panko, sesame mixture.

5. Heat oil in a pan, fry for 7 minutes until first side is browned, flip over and fry for 5 minutes more.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: