I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Sep 18, 2008

Stir Fried Pork with Bok Choy and Noodles

Here is another quick and easy stir-fry recipe that tastes great. I usually make this with bok choy you will see from the photo that I used Gai Lan as my local Asian grocery store was out of bok choy, so I subbed it with the gai lan. It was still very good and worked just as well it is just we really love bok choy in my family, again as with most stir fries vegetable ingredients can be played around with, either to suit personal tastes or to use up vegetables in the fridge.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards, platter boards and mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

600g Pork fillet, sliced thinly
1/4 Cup oyster sauce
3 Tablespoons light soy sauce
3 Tablespoons sherry
2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce (I use blue dragon brand.)
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 Star anise, crushed
1/2 Teaspoon five spice powder
2 Teaspoons sesame oil
1 Tablespoon peanut oil
400g Baby bok choy (See note above)
1 Red Pepper, sliced thinly
100g Snow peas, trimmed
200g Bean sprouts
2 Red chilies, sliced thinly
4 Green onions, sliced thinly
300g Fresh noodles

Method

1. Heat peanut oil in a wok, add pork in batches, brown and cook as desired, remove set to one side.

2. Heat sesame oil in wok, add garlic, pepper and chilies stir-fry about 1 minute.

3. Return pork to wok, add all the sauces, sherry, sugar, star anise, vinegar and 5 spice powder, stir to combine.

4, Add remaining vegetables and stir-fry until veg are just tender, add noodles and stir-fry to heat through.

Serves 4

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: