I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Sep 11, 2008

Chili Fried Rice with BBQ Chicken

This is a great after work fast meal as I just buy a whole barbecued chicken on my way home from work and use quick cooking rice. So you end up with a tasty meal with fresh vegetables cooked up in no time at all. I have listed the vegetables I used in this dish, as this is what I had left in the fridge that needed using up, so you can change vegetables and quantities. I usually make this with broccolini but I had some broccoli florets to use up so I used them instead.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

1 Barbecued chicken, shredded
2 Tablespoons peanut oil (divided use)
4 Eggs, beaten lightly
1 Onion, sliced thinly
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
2 Fresh red chilies, sliced thinly, add as few or as many seeds as you like.
7 Broccoli florets, chopped
120g Shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 Carrot, chopped finely (80g)
90g Snow peas, trimmed
3 Green onions, sliced thinly
3 Cups cooked long white grain rice
2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce (I use blue dragon brand.)
11/2 Tablespoons ketjap manis (Sweet soy sauce)

Method

1. Heat 2 Teaspoon of peanut oil in a wok, add half the egg mixture, swirl to make a thin omelette. Remove omelette from wok, roll up then cut into thin strips. Repeat process using another 2 teaspoons of oil and remaining egg.

2. Heat the remaining oil in wok, stir fry onion, garlic and chili, until onion softens, add broccoli, mushrooms and carrot, stir fry 1 miunte.

3, Add sauces, snow peas, green onion, chicken and rice, stir-fry until vegetables are just tender and the dish is hot, add omelette, toss gently.

Serve immediately

Serves 4

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: