I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Sep 6, 2008

Pork Tenderloin with Fig Port Sauce

I saw they had fresh figs at the supermarket last week and they looked really good, I am not a big fan of figs by themselves, but I do think they can make a lovely addition to a sauce. I made this one and served it with pork on a sweet potato mash, it turned out really well. The pork weight is enough for three just up the weight for 4, the sauce amount should be enough for 4 servings.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

650g Pork tenderloin
1 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped finely
2 Tablespoons olive oil

Sauce

1 Cup port
175ml Water
4 Fresh figs, chopped finely
11/2 Teaspoons chicken stock granules
2 Rosemary sprigs
2 Cinnamon sticks
2 Tablespoons honey
4x4cm cubes of butter

Method

1. Mix rosemary and oil in a bowl, rub into pork loin, place pork in an oven proof dish and cook in pre-heated oven 180 degrees Celsius for about 40 Min's or until pork is cooked through.

Sauce

1. Combine water and port in a saucepan, bring to the boil, turn down heat slightly and cook 15 Min's to reduce liquid slightly,

2. Add all the remaining ingredients except the butter and simmer for a further 15 Min's, remove rosemary sprigs and cinnamon sticks, blend with until smooth.

3. Add butter stir until melted, serve sauce over pork.

Serves 3

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: