I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Sep 17, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas

This is a great chicken enchilada recipe I found this one the other day, I had made BBQ chicken quesadillas the day before and still had some BBQ chicken to use up and of course all the salsa, sour cream etc.. as well. I found this one and thought I would try it and I have to say it was very good. I served over Mexican style rice I did not have any jalapeno pepper so just subbed a regular green chili, I also did not top with diced tomato as I did not have any I just topped with some salsa and sour cream. The original recipe was for a low fat version using lower fat sour cream and cheese I did not make with these as low fat, if you want to see more photos or reviews of this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards, platter boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

1 3/4 Cups sour cream
2 Small green onions, chopped
1/3 Cup minced fresh coriander
1 Tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper
1 Teaspoon ground cumin (or to taste)
1 Tablespoon oil
1 Whole BBQ chicken
1 Tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to suit taste)
8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 Cups bottled chunky salsa (medium or hot)

Method


1. Set oven to 350 degrees.

2. Lightly oil a baking dish.

3. Shred chicken from bones

4. In a pan heat the oil, add green onions, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cook until onion softens.

5. Add chicken sour cream, cumin, coriander and about 4 tablespoons salsa or to your liking, stir to combine.

6. Divide the chicken mixture among the 8 tortillas, placing it down the center of the tortillas.

7. Roll them up, and place them seam-side down in the baking dish.

8. Sprinkle with the grated cheese.

9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

10. Remove from the oven, top with extra salsa and sour cream.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: