I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Apr 20, 2009

Salmon Steak With Strawberry Sauce

I really will get round to posting some more of my own recipes soon, it has been so hectic here lately with the Easter and the holidays and I have just not come up for air to go through my growing number of photos for my dishes. I made this one a few weeks ago and it was really delicious I served it over salad with an avocado and I really enjoyed it. It was not one of my group members recipes but just a tag of someone's who was playing the game. This was his original recipe and I thought it was quite inventive and worked really well together, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I did make this with a salmon fillet rather than a salmon steak but that is just my personal preference. I also added a pinch of sugar to the sauce as I find that always takes the edge off of the tomatoes and herbs. To view more photos of this recipe or to read more reviews please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted Eco friendly, camphor laurel, chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

2 Salmon steaks (I used fillets)
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 Garlic cloves
1 Cup fresh strawberries
1/4 Cup crushed tomatoes
4 Teaspoons malt vinegar
4 Teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 Teaspoon oregano
1/2 Teaspoon basil
1 Teaspoon chili flakes
Pinch sugar
1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
4 Sprigs parsley, chopped

Method

1. Crush strawberries in a mortar & pestle. Don't go overboard because the sauce looks nicer with a thick texture.

2. Mix all ingredients except salmon, oil and garlic well in a bowl and place in refrigerator (can be done ahead of time).

3. Cook Salmon on a BBQ or grill. I used a medium BBQ plate for around seven minutes a side.

4. Place garlic and olive oil in a saucepan and place over medium heat.

5. Lightly saute garlic for five minutes, add the sauce mix to saucepan.

6. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't let the sauce boil hard, just simmer.

Once the fish is cooked plate up and pour over the sauce. I served ours over a salad with avocado garnished with extra strawberries.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: