I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Apr 4, 2009

Easy, Easy Beef Stew

This is one of the easiest and best tasting stews I have made in ages, a true winner in my books. We all loved the flavour of this stew and the meat came out superbly tender as it should. I followed the recipe as listed below except for subbing sweet potato instead of regular and I could not get any turnips. If you would like to read more reviews on this one or view more photos please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful Eco friendly, handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.


1/2 lbs Beef, stewing
10 Ounces mushroom soup, can
7 Ounces tomato sauce
2 Onions, medium, coarsley chopped
10 Ounces water
1 Cup celery, coarsley chopped
1/2 Cup turnip, coarsley chopped
1 Cup carrot, coarsley chopped
1/2 Cup parsnip, coarsley chopped
1/4 Cup mushroom, wild, halved
1/2 Cup potato, coarsley chopped
1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
1 Teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
1 Teaspoon salt
1/8 Teaspoon thyme
1/8 Cup parsley, chopped (garnish)

Method

1. Combine the uncooked meat, soups, water and tomato sauce in pot.

2. Place pot in oven, uncovered and cook for 2 hours, at 325 degrees .

3. Now add all your vegetables and seasonings, cover pot and cook for an additional hour or until the vegetables are tender.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: