I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Apr 16, 2009

Bobby Flay's Shrimp With Barbecue Spices

This is one of the best seasoning mixes I have tried for Prawns/Shrimp all my family loved this one and can not wait to make it again, but next time I will try cooking them on the BBQ. I served ours as a main over a salad which was delicious but as the chef who's recipe I made said it is great as an appetizer or a main course. To read more reviews on this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted, Eco friendly camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

1 1/2 tablespoons sweet smoked paprika
1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
2 lbs large shrimp, deveined but not shelled
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 scallions, thinly sliced

Method

1. In a large bowl, mix the paprika with the ancho chile powder, brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic.

2. Add the shrimp and toss to coat in the spices.

3. Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in 2 large skillets until shimmering.

4. Add the shrimp to the skillets and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until curled and white throughout, about 4 minutes.

5. Add half of the butter and scallions to each skillet and swirl them inches Transfer the shrimp to a platter and serve.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: