I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Apr 8, 2009

Asian-Spiced Pork Rissoles

This is another of my team mates recipes for this month, my hubby and I loved this one. The flavour of these rissoles were excellent even without the sweet chili sauce and they turned out so moist. I served ours over coconut rice with green onion for a delicious meal. I was the first person to review this recipe and I did not make any changes to the way it was posted but if you would like to view the original recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted, Eco friendly, camphor laurel chopping, cheese, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here

Ingredients

2 Garlic cloves, chopped
3cm Piece fresh ginger, peeled
2 Small red chilies, roughly chopped
1 Stalk lemongrass, bruised (I used 1 teaspoon of jar lemongrass)
4 Green onions, roughly chopped
1/2 Cup coriander leaves
750g Pork mince
1 Egg, lightly beaten
Olive oil flavored cooking spray
2 Lebanese cucumbers
2 Cups steamed jasmine rice (I served ours with coconut rice.)
Sweet chili sauce, to serve

Method


1. Combine garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass, green onions and coriander in a food processor, Process until finely chopped.

2. Transfer to a bowl. Add mince and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Using clean hands, mix until well combined.

3. Using 2 heaped tablespoons mixture at a time, roll mixture into 16 balls. Flatten slightly. Place rissoles on a plate. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.

4. Preheat a greased barbecue plate on medium-low heat. Spray both sides rissoles with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.

5. Using a vegetable peeler, peel long, thin strips from cucumbers. Spoon rice into bowls. Top with rissoles, cucumber and sweet chilli. Serve.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: