I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Dec 18, 2008

Raspberry-Chili Tuna on Greens

I had my sister over last night and made this and we all agreed the flavours were wonderful and it made for a light meal that was quick and easy to prepare with an outstanding end result. I added extra salad ingredients like feta cheese, avocado and some fresh raspberries, I also used a mixed bag of salad greens just our personal preference. The marinade makes for a lovely salad dressing that works really well with this dish, I did add a little olive oil to the marinade before drizzling as a dressing. If you would like to view the original recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted, Eco friendly, camphor laurel chopping, cheese, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

6 Tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
2 Teaspoons Thai sweet chili sauce (I did tablespoons just personal preference.)
4 Teaspoons minced fresh basil (may substitute 1/2 tsp dried)
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
4 Tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
10 Ounces torn romaine lettuce (I used a mixed bag of salad greens)
1/2 Cup shredded carrot
1/2 Cup thinly sliced cucumber

As stated above I also added avocado, feta, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh rasberries so feel free to play around with salad ingredients.

Method

1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients.

2. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, turning occasionally.

3. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade to use as salad dressing, I added a little olive oil to the marinade here to make for more of a dressing consistency.

4. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.

5. Drain and discard marinade. Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

6 In a large bowl, combine the romaine, carrot and cucumber; drizzle with reserved marinade and toss to coat. Divide among four plates.

To Serve: Top each salad with sliced, grilled tuna.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: