I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Dec 1, 2008

Peking Style Chicken

This is absolutely one of the best Chinese chicken recipes I have tried, far better than any you can get in a restaurant and you can make it at home which saves a fortune on take out. I would double the sauce amount though as it is so good and what was listed is not enough to serve over rice, as it soaks up very quickly apart from that it us truly wonderful. If you want to see more photos or read more reviews on this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful Eco friendly, handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

Note: I doubled the sauce ingredients I found you needed more and it was really good over rice.

1 Tablespoon dry mustard
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
2 Tablespoons vinegar
1 Teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
2 Chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1/4 Cup cornstarch
3 Egg whites, beaten
1/2 Cup vegetable oil

Method


1. In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili peppers (if using) and vinegar. Blend thoroughly and set aside.

2. Coat chicken pieces in cornstarch. Dip into beaten egg whites.

3. Saute the chicken in hot oil until crispy and brown.

4. Drain oil from the pan and add sauce.

5. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: