I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Dec 24, 2008

Lemon-Glazed Pork Chops

This recipe was supposed to be made with pork chops but as I had a tenderloin I wanted to use up I made it this way instead. I seasoned the loin with the lemon pepper seasoning and then cooked it at 180 degrees Celsius and I used the glaze to bast for the last 20 Minutes. The pork came out beautifully moist and tender and the flavour was wonderful. I also poured the remaining glaze with the pan juices over the pork before serving. I served ours over wild rice with a few veggies thrown in. If you would like to read more reviews on this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

THE CHOPS

(As stated above I used a pork loin instead as that is what I had to use up, I adjusted other ingredients accordingly.)

2 Pork chops
1/4 Teaspoon lemon pepper, to taste
1 Lemon, sliced thin

THE GLAZE

2 Tablespoons honey mustard
1 Teaspoon lemon zest, minced
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Cup brown sugar, firmly packed

Method

1. Preheat broiler.

FOR THE GLAZE

1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the 4 glaze ingredients, then set aside.

FOR THE CHOPS

1. Place chops on broiler rack or pan 3 to 4 inches from heat, & broil about 4 to 5 minutes or until well browned.

2. Remove from broiler & season with lemon pepper, then turn chops over & broil another 4 to 5 minutes.

3. Remove from broiler & spoon half the lemon glaze over each chop (reserving half of the glaze), then top with each with a thin slice or two of lemon.

4. Return to broiler & broil a final 3 to 4 minutes or until glaze bubbles & browns slightly.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: