I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Jun 3, 2008

Uncle Tom's Appetizer Meatball Sauce

I am in yet another recipe swap so expect to see a few more zaar members recipes posted again this month. I really have a lot of fun in these and it also gives me a chance to get some of my recipes reviewed. I made this the other night and it was a great meatball sauce, you can either buy store bought meatballs, make your own recipe or I have listed a recipe below for meatballs. I you would like to read more reviews or see more photos of this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.


Ingredients

2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 Cup ketchup
1/2 Teaspoon onion salt
1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon white sugar

Method

1. In a medium sauce pan mix ingredients and simmer til blended, add your prepared meatballs and simmer about fifteen minutes.

Looks exceptionally appetizing served on a white platter with a tooth pick set in each meatball.


Meatball Recipe

I have many different meatball recipes but this was a suggested one to go with this sauce, it is again by a zaar member. They were really good and were even good without a sauce, I also think they would go really well with a sweet chili dipping sauce. For more reviews and Photos click here.

Ingredients

1 1/2lbs Ground veal or ground beef or ground pork (or combination)
1 Cup seasoned bread crumbs (I used panko flakes)
1/2 Cup chili sauce
1 Egg
1/4 Cup minced onion
2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
1 1/2 Teaspoons salt
1/2 Teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 Teaspoon crushed garlic
3 Tablespoons butter or margarine

Method

1. Saute onion until clear in appearance. (I didn't bother with this step onion will cook with meatballs.)

2. In a large bowl combine ground meat, bread crumbs, chili sauce, egg, onion, parsley, salt, Tabasco and garlic.

3. Shape meat into balls one inch in diameter.

4. Pan fry a few meat balls at a time in butter. (I did this to brown and then finished the cooking off in the oven.)

Serve with food picks.

All Photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: