I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Apr 14, 2008

Veal and Asparagus with Basil Mayo

This meal is quick to make and very light and healthy, makes for a great summertime dinner that you can have on the table in 30 Min's, so a great after work recipe. I used veal scallops and did 4 per person, about 200g in weight for each person. I know this cut can be quite expensive so feel free to make this with veal cutlets of similar weight, taste just as good but kinder on the wallet. I used the scallops, as hubby had just come home from a business trip and wanted a light meal as he is never to hungry after a long flight, but I also wanted something a little more special hence the cut.

If you have read the earlier post I wrote on the natural cutting boards I brought back from OZ you can find a description with a couple of photos under my natures cutting boards page. I will be uploading more photos once I can get something nice as a backing to make them stand out. I will also let you know the separate web address for them once it is finished.

Ingredients

800g Veal Scallops (or schnitzels whichever way you say it.)
16 Basil leaves
16 Slices prosciutto
650-700g Asparagus spears, trimmed (thin stalked)
1 Tablespoon olive oil

Basil Mayonnaise

1/2 Cup mayonnaise
21/2 Tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon lemon juice

Method

1. Top each scallop with a basil leaf and wrap prosciutto around each.

2. Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook veal about 3-4 Minutes a side or until cooked through

3. Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until tender.

Basil Mayonnaise

1. Combine mayo and lemon juice in a bowl, mix well, stir in chopped basil.

To Serve: Arrange asparagus on a plate top with veal and dollop mayo on each.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise

No comments: