I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Apr 11, 2008

Tuna Curry

OK so I am posting a bunch of seafood dishes in a row. I had planned to post a chicken recipe tonight as I have two in hand but I have been so busy, so I will post a zaar members recipe, it was gorgeous, and easier to post as I just have to copy paste the recipe. This one was so quick to prepare and on the table in no time at all and absolutely delicious.

If you have read the earlier post I wrote on the natural cutting boards I brought back from OZ you can find a description with a couple of photos under my natures cutting boards page. I will be uploading more photos once I can get something nice as a backing to make them stand out. I will also let you know the separate web address for them once it is finished.

Ingredients

1 Teaspoon turmeric
1 Cup water
1lb Tuna, in 2 inch cubes
Sea salt
1 Tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable oil
3 Cloves garlic, chopped
2 Teaspoons chopped ginger
1 Teaspoon black mustard seeds
2 Tomato, sliced
2 Shallot, thinly sliced
2 Long green chilies, sliced in half and seeded
1 Cup coconut milk


Method


1. In a medium saucepan mix turmeric in 1 cup water.

2. Add tuna, and season with salt.

3. Place over medium-low heat, and bring to a simmer.

4. Cook for 2 minutes, turning tuna cubes once.

5. Remove from heat.

6. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add oil.

7. When it shimmers, add garlic, ginger and mustard seeds.

8. Cook for 2 minutes.

9. Add tomatoes, shallots and chilies; cook for 1 minute.

10. Add tuna, about 1/3 cup of its cooking water, coconut milk, tamarind and salt to taste.

11. Stir to dissolve tamarind.

12. Simmer, covered, until sauce has blended and thickened slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.

I served mine over coconut chili rice.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: