I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Apr 2, 2008

Chicken Breasts With Raspberry-Balsamic Sauce

I have a really good Moroccan lamb shank recipe, that I have made recently, that was delicious and I will get round to posting over the next couple of days. But I think I will post 2 reviews I did for the recipe swap on recipezaar. I am making my last teammates recipe tonight so I will look forward to that. This recipe was simple to make and had a wonderful flavour. I have said in my review and I will repeat here I did not pour much sauce over chicken for photo purposes, but I did add after taking the picture, it was delicious. I served mine with carrot rosti and both myself and my hubby really enjoyed this. If you want to see the original recipe or other recipes by this chef please click here.


Ingredients

1 Tablespoon olive oil
4 Medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves(about 1 1/4 pounds total)
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Medium shallot, minced(about 1/4 cup)
1/2 Cup chicken broth
1/2 Teaspoon cornstarch
3 Tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Method

1. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper; cook 7 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 7 minutes longer or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with tip of a knife. Transfer chicken to plate.

2. In same skillet, cook shallot 2 minutes, stirring. In a cup, mix broth and cornstarch. Add broth mixture, jam and vinegar to skillet; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Cook sauce 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring. Return chicken to skillet; heat through.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: