I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Apr 23, 2008

Sumac Oregano Crusted Lamb Fillets

This is a quick recipe to make and can be on the table in 30 minutes. I served mine over couscous Tabbouleh and it went very well with this, I buy quick cooking couscous tastes great and is done in a minute.

If you have read the earlier post I wrote on the natural cutting boards I brought back from OZ you can find a description with a couple of photos under my natures cutting boards page. I will be uploading more photos once I can get something nice as a backing to make them stand out. I will also let you know the separate web address for them once it is finished. I am getting close to finishing the site just getting it translated in different languages.

Ingredients

4 Lamb fillets (mine were 200g each)
11/2 Tablespoons sumac
11/2 Tablespoons dried oregano
2 Cups Panko Flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs, regular are fine but you will use less.)
1/4 Cup flour
1 Large egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1/4 Cup olive oil

Method

1. Combine sumac, oregano and flakes in a shallow bowl or a plate.

2. Beat egg with water in another bowl.

3. Place flour in shallow bowl or plate.

4. Coat each fillet in flour, then dip into egg mixture and finally coat in spice mixture.

5. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook lamb until browned on both sides and cooked as desired.

6. Leave to stand 5 Min's, then slice thickly.

I served mine over couscous tabbouleh which was delicious.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated

1 comment:

Joseph said...

Your recipes are great and tasted good too! Fried rice taste better with oregano.
Well I don't cook much but love to grow oregano and have few pots of them.
Care to Visit my Nursery blog.