I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Jan 12, 2009

No Bake Cookies

I made these over the weekend to take to my mum's, I am not a big peanut butter fan but my brothers love the stuff, so I thought it would be a good place to test the recipe. I made these as cereal bars as opposed to cookies, this way there was far less sticky mess and it made it easier for me. I could not get chocolate stars or kisses were I live so I just bought a bar of regular milk chocolate and pressed the squares into the mix once I had poured it in. I greased the pan lightly before adding the cereal mix and then allowed it to set, it slipped right out whole once set and I just cut it into pieces. It went down a treat, with thumbs up all round and I have to say, I even thought it was good and I am not a big peanut butter fan. If you would like to see other reviews of this recipe please click here.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted, Eco friendly camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

1 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 Cups peanut butter
2 Teaspoons vanilla
8-9 Cups Special K cereal
Milk chocolate stars

Method

1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; add peanut butter and vanilla.

2. Put Special K cereal in a large mixing bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture quickly over cereal, stirring to mix well.

3. Drop mixture by the Tablespoonful onto waxed paper. Press a milk chocolate star immediately in the center of each cookie. Caution: mixture will be very hot!

Read my note above as to how to I made them for less mess.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: