I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Dec 4, 2007

Sauteed Chicken Breast With Clover Honey and Chili

I am posting two recipes today one from a zaar member and one of my own. I have been cooking a lot of late and experimenting with new dishes and flavours, so I am now getting a back log of recipes to post. I think I will have to start posting two recipes every now and then so I don't get to far behind.

Especially with Christmas coming on, you start gearing up for it and do more baking and cooking. I have even been experimenting with drinks which I don't usually do. OK I lied I will post three today I just thought of a drink recipe I just made a few days ago but it needs to sit for at least 2 weeks and up 2 months. So if you wanted to try it for Chrimbo you would need to make it now so it will be ready in time.

First let me post the zaar members recipe I tried a few days ago it was delicious, if you liked this recipe and would like to see more by this chef or you want to read all the reviews on this recipe click here.


Ingredients

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin strips
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons finely-chopped shallots
1/2 cup clover honey, slightly warmed
3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
3 tablespoons medium hot chili paste, ancho chilies
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped, and toasted



Method

1. Season the strips of chicken breast with salt, pepper and the ground cumin.

2. Heat a skillet with the olive oil until hot but not smoking.

3. Add the chicken to the pan, spreading the chicken out to evenly cook the strips.

4. Cook the chicken until golden-brown, add the chopped shallots and continue to cook, giving the pan a good stiff flip every now and then.

5. Add the honey and vinegar to the pan, removing chicken to plate while sauce is completed.

6. Be careful of the volatile combination of hot honey and vinegar.

7. Quickly stir in the chili paste and the stock, bring to the boil and reduce the sauce quickly by 1/4.

8. Add the sour cream and heat until just below the boil, stir in the cilantro leaves, plate and garnish with the toasted pecans.


All photo's taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: