I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Dec 30, 2007

Beef Burgers

I know it is not the time of year for BBQing but I had my niece over last night and she loves her hamburgers, so I made beef and chicken burgers.






Ingredients


850g Mince meat
1 Onion, finely chopped
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
50ml Tomato puree
11/2 Tablespoons Italian mixed herbs
1 Tablespoon parsley
60ml Tomato Ketchup
3 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 Cup Parmesan cheese
1 Large egg (or 2 medium eggs)
3/4 Cup Panko flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs available at most Asian grocery stores, regular are fine but you probably need to use a little less.)


Method

1. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.

2. Shape into patties, it will make 6 large burgers and about 8 smaller ones.

3. Heat a small amount of oil in a pan and cook until well browned on each side and meat is cooked through.


Serve on buns with your favourite condiments.


All photo's taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: