I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Feb 27, 2009

Russ's Vegetable Melange

This is a very quick and easy recipe to use up any vegetables that is tasty too. If you would like to read more reviews on this one or see more photos please click here. You will see from my photo that I used broccoli and cauliflower in this as well as a leek instead of onion. I served this to go with a pork loin I was cooking, I also added extra mustard just our preference.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted Eco friendly, camphor laurel, chopping, cheese boards and Mezzaluna Boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

1 Tablespoon oil
1 Onion, thinly sliced
1 Carrot, cut into thin coins
1/4 Small cabbage, shredded finely
2 Stalks celery, sliced thinly
1/2 Red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1/2 Cup cream
1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
Fresh ground black pepper
Salt
1/4 Cup parmesan cheese

Method

1. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat, Add the vegetables and toss well, then cover until cooked and tender but not mushy (about 8 minutes). Stir every couple of minutes.

2. Add the cream and mustard and bring back to a simmer. Cook for a couple of minutes more, then remove from the heat, sprinkle over the parmesan, season to taste, stir then serve.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: