I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Nov 18, 2008

Beer Marinade

I made this marinade the other night to go with 2 steak fillet's. I know this is not a cut of meat that you would usually marinade but I have had this recipe saved for ages and thought I would try it. It was a great marinade that would work well with other meats I think, I will look forward to trying this again with a different cut of beef as well. It is very simple and really imparts a nice flavour into the meat. I served our steaks with corn on the cob and topped the steaks with fried mushrooms and onions and a horseradish sauce. If you would like to view the original recipe please click here although I did not change anything in the recipe ingredients.

If you have been keeping up with the progress of my beautiful handcrafted, Eco friendly, camphor laurel chopping, cheese boards, platter boards and mezzaluna boards. My official site is finally finished and live so to see my full collection please click here.

Ingredients

3/4 cup beer
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon honey
cracked pepper to taste

Method

1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer 10 mins uncovered. Allow to cool.

2. Marinate meat in beer mixture for at least 1-2 hours turning occasionally.

All photos taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: