I have decided to move the blog to Wordpress because it is easier to catagorise recipes. If you are looking for a specific recipe and can't find it here please look at the new Wordpress Blog. Thanks

Oct 27, 2007

Balsamic-Glazed Scallops

I made this recipe last night as starter. It is another recipe from a recipezaar member. I bought the more expensive St. Jacques scallops which I love. I have to say it was extremely tasty and made for a light starter, but I have made other sauces that I prefer more with scallops. That is absolutely no criticism to the chef it is just my preference.

I did take the advice of one of the members that had reviewed this recipe and used orange infused olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar. It makes the dish a little more expensive but judging by the flavour It was well worth it.

The ingredients listed below are for 4 main meal servings, as a starter I allowed for 3-4 scallops per person St. Jacques are quite large though. I also used fresh marjoram I just prefer fresh herbs. If you liked this recipe and want to see more photo's of it or more recipes by this chef click http://www.recipezaar.com/184668.



Ingredients

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 lbs sea scallops
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon dried marjoram or oregano



1.Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a pieplate; dredge scallops in flour mixture.

2.Saute scallops, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Remove scallops from skillet; set aside.

3.Add 1/3 cup vinegar, honey, and marjoram to skillet; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes. Add scallops, and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.


All photo's taken by me unless otherwise stated.

No comments: